As we are already aware of the fact that custom patches are the unique and an excellent advertising technique uses for various purposes. Whether we're part of an association a member of an organization, hosting an event or simply want to make owns brand recognition will definitely go for the idea of perfect patch design these patches are durable and will look great for times ahead to get attention to the brand with the help of unique and eye-catching custom patches. It even becomes difficult for us to choose from a vast list it been discuss below but if we critically aware of some aspects like price, material, turnaround time, durability, texture and material cost it becomes easier to pick the best one. Custom patches applied on shirts, hats, jackets, backpacks, uniforms and so on basically to aware the user about the brand.
This article will let you completely know about all the different types of custom patches namely; embroidered patches, Woven patches, PVC patches, Chenille patches, Ironpatches, Printed patches, Leather patches and Name Patches.
- Embroidery patches: sometimes called a fabric badge that a piece of embroidery made using a fabric backing and lots of thread. The basic fabrics use in embroidered patches is mainly cotton, polyester and twill. In addition, they require a soft surface and are the most traditional and popular patches in the market and it are definitely an ideal choice for brands looking for a shining piece of artwork to grab an attention.
- Custom Woven Patches: are made of fine threads woven securely onto the back of the fabric. And it has a classic look and refined details backing options include heat seal, iron, pressure sensitive, and Velcro. Woven patches look a bit like embroidered patches. But they are highly different because they have been created by making braided patches through thin threads uses mostly on jackets, sweaters, and sports clothes, customize uniforms, bags and shoes.
- Custom Name Patches: are printed, sewn, iron a name or brand logo on the patch the entire patch has almost no other additional decorations just the name logo applied in any shape or size. Normally in name patches there is also an option to choose the name or logo woven, embroidered, chenille or simply printed on the patch although they will still call a named patch.
- Custom PVC Patches: are durable and soft polyvinyl chloride patch that is like a rubber material which is light in weight, waterproof and colorful. This type of patch strikes the perfect balance between durability and style and are a great way to bring the logo, slogan, or design attractive due to its various shapes and sizes. Its major advantage is that they do not crack, fade or peel. This makes these patches ideal for outdoor applications used by users. It is economical and easy to take away from place to another.
- Custom Chenille Patches: are made using two layers of material. The bottom layer is made of felt, which gives the patch a soft texture. It is made of two strands of yarn as the patch made from fancy yarn it is very soft to the touch and feels very comfortable. And the feather thread is twisted in the middle and sandwiched. It will be twisted into brand logos or letters. If the logo or design is not too complex, then the chenille patches will be a good choice. Hence, these ones are ideal for hats, winter clothes, coats, and bags that are the reason they are widely using in woolen and decorative fabrics.
- Custom Iron Patches: are made with heat-adhesive glue that ironed onto fabric and can be easily peeled off Also; they will become non-sticky after a long time because it backed with a thin, glossy coating that will melt on contact with heat. When pressed with an iron the back of these patches will form an adhesive bond with the garment. They are ideal for shirts, t-shirts, jeans, trousers, uniforms, coats, trousers, bags etc.
- Custom Printed Patches: are screen printed fabric patches that can help to print logo, images with colorful designs by going through the process of laser which cut into the desired shape and size by which the whole surface looks smooth and delicate. After that, the details are able to print. They are light, cheap and durable. Simple process and high cost efficiency. For the time being, sew or Velcro them to the surface of the fabric. Like on clothes, shoes, backpacks, jeans, jackets, sports equipment.
- Custom Leather Patches: are made through embossing technique. embossed and debossed patches designs are made only with high-quality leather to embossed personal logo that will surely boost brand image and increase awareness. Leather patches are attractive, beautiful and can make company name or message really enhancing. Leather patches can either genuine leather or faux PU leather, adding a touch of quality to every item. Therefore, they are perfect for various clothing such as jackets, jeans, shirts, jeans, hats, trousers, bags, books, sweaters, jeans, gifts, etc. They are also available in many shapes such as square, diamonds, rectangular and hexagons.
Choosing the right backing style and border for patch is very important because the right backing and border affects the entire patch to reflect the purpose in an attractive manner.
Patch Backing rely on the type and purpose of patch as it has been discussed earlier that while choosing Patch type this is very much necessary to identifies other aspects as well such as cost, Design, fabric, material etc. and the purpose of Patch need to consider critically because Backing secure the Patch design throughout its process of creation. Backing that can be easily sewn on any garment is most required type of backing that can only performed by Twill.
Backings are also of many types to full fill the different purposes of making custom patches.
• A plastic backing is used in generally all regular patches such as for embroidered, sewn, and dye-sublimated patches to provide firmness and help retain the shape for years as the plastic is quite thin the patch is flexible therefore it can be easily sewn onto any fabric.
• Iron Backing lies behind the fact in which heated-up forms a bond between the patch and the fabric. These patches couldn’t be attached by a simple household iron. Instead, they require proper time, pressure and temperature to seal properly. This can be done using a heat seal machine which can be found at most local goods stores. They are easy to apply and incredibly appealing.
• Sew on patch Backing is quite user friendly in this way a patch can be sewn by hand or using a sewing machine. One of the best advantages of sewing a patch on cloth is that it stays in place after washing and wearing. It can also easily remove the patch from the old one and sew it onto the new item which is incredibly easy. There is no additional cost involved in this type of backings.
• Velcro Backings has a hook side and a loop side which are a sticky back. Velcro hook and loop fasteners are divided into two components. The loop is sewn to the fabric, and the hook is sewn to the patch. The hook side is sewn onto the patch and the soft side is attached so that it can be sewn onto the uniform. It available in different colors such as red, yellow, white, navy blue, army green, and tan. This type of Backing allows more secure connection between the patch and fabric.
• Self-Stick Backings are used to create self-stick patch backing with an adhesive to attach the patch onto something have to do is peel off the paper backing and press the patch onto the fabric or other material. Although convenient but self-stick backing is not as durable as other types of backings.
• Button or Clutch Pin Backings: Button loop backings allow an embroidered patch to be hooked onto a button. Clutch pin backing is commonly used in the military and help in replacing a patch so that it can be attached to fabric instead of being sewn and glued by only inserting the flat part of the pin between the patch and the backing while leaving the sharp part of the pin out. That way the pin in the fabric secures the backing. These securing processes are applied to the patch for temporary use.